Solar Feed-in tariff VIC

Change your state: New South Wales  Queensland   South Australia   

The Minimum Solar feed-in tariff (FIT) for Victorians.

In Victoria, households with small-scale, renewable energy systems (such as solar panels) may be entitled to receive an offset on their energy costs in the form of a rebate (a solar feed-in tariff).

For details of our current VIC feed-in tariff rates, please refer to our Energy Price Fact Sheets which are available here

From 1 July 2017, Victorian solar customers on the minimum feed-in tariff (FIT) moved onto a new minimum tariff rate of 11.3 cents, as set by Victoria's independent regulator, the Essential Services Commission (ESC), on 28 February 2017. 

To apply for the FiT scheme, you will need to submit the below paperwork to us:

  • Electrical Work Request form (EWR)
  • Certificate of Electrical Safety form (CES)
  • FiT Application Form
  • Photovoltaic(solar) generator connection form
Please ensure that all your paperwork is accurate and correct prior to sending this information to us.

How do Feed-in tariffs work?

For properties with a small-scale, renewable solar energy system in Victoria, any excess electricity generated is fed back into the national power grid for other Australian households to use. The household or business is then reimbursed for supplying this renewable energy and this offset appears on their energy bill.

How can I apply for a Feed-in Tariff scheme?

Give one of our customer services representatives a call on 1300 865 219 and they will be happy to send you an application/information pack.

Alternatively, have a read of the FiT Terms and Conditions. Then complete the Application Form and mail it to Lumo at:

Lumo Energy Australia
PO Box 632
Collins Street West VIC 8007

Want to learn more?

For more information on VIC solar feed-in tariffs, please visit the Victorian Government's Department of Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP)

Solar feed-in tariff terms and conditions are published in the Victorian Government Gazette.