- 1½ cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chilled beer
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 eggplant, roughly chopped
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- 125 grams chopped button mushrooms
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/3 cup hummus dip or 2-3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 100 grams baby bocconcini cheeses, sliced
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl, stir in the beer & mix. Turn onto a floured surface, knead until smooth (about 3 minutes). Roll out to a 30cm diameter circle and press into a pizza pan. Cover, and set aside for 15 minutes.
Combine vegetables in a roasting pan, spray with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast in oven for 15 minutes, or until tender.
Spread pizza base with hommus or tomato paste, lay tomatoes over base. Top with vegetables and bocconcini.
Cook for 12 minutes, or until base is golden. Season, and serve.
Recipe Hints and Tips:
- Not suitable for freezing
- The base is suitable for freezing for up to 2 months
- Add, olives, mushrooms, any vegetables that your family likes
- You can try different types of cheeses; Tasty, Feta, Goats Cheese, so many varieties to try.
If you have a recipe you would like to share, we would love to hear them! Email us at email@example.com and we’ll looking at posting it on our blog.
10 October 2014
Category: Lumo Community