With the AFL Grand Final this weekend, we thought it was only fitting to share an awesome Nachos recipe from Stay at Home Mum. These tasty Nachos are great to share with friends and are so quick and easy to make you won’t miss any of the action. Pair with some guacamole, an ice cold beer, some mates and the TV and your Grand Final ready. Enjoy!
- 500 grams of beef mince
- 45 grams Chilli Con Carne mix
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 400 grams of Kidney beans
- 400 grams of diced tomato
- 3/4 cup of water
- 175 grams of corn chips
- 50 grams of grated cheese
- 1 zucchini grated
- 50 grams of red capsicum grated
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Cook the onion in a pan and add the mince to brown. Add the vegies to soften slightly.
- Combine the water and chilli con carne mix and add to the pan with the tomatoes and beans
- Spread the chips on an oven tray and pour the mince mixture over the top. Sprinkle with cheese on top and bake until the cheese is melted.
Recipe hints and tips
- Tasty nachos are not suitable to freeze. Best eaten fresh
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole if desired
- Chips should be crispy. However, if you want them soggy simply leave them in the oven a little while longer.
If you have a recipe you would like to share, we would love to hear them! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll looking at posting it on our blog.
26 September 2014
Category: Lumo Community