Salted Caramel Chocolate Tart
This yummy little tart will be the star of your next dinner party! Quick and easy to make, this tasty dessert will make you look like a pro. Who doesn't love chocolate and caramel, thanks Valentino for sharing.
- 185g Marie or Nice biscuits, processed to fine crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 90g melted butter
- 380g can caramel Top 'n' Fill
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 180g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- Cocoa powder, to serve
- Lightly grease a 2cm-deep, 24cm (base) loose-based round flan pan. Combine biscuit crumbs, cinnamon, and butter in a bowl. Press into base and sides of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Warm the caramel on a low-medium heat on a stovetop until it changes to a darker golden brown colour. Once it has cooled slightly, stir in the salt.
- Spread caramel over base of pastry and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate over a double boiler and then add the cream. Pour over caramel. Refrigerate overnight. Serve dusted with cocoa powder.
If you have a recipe you would like to share, we would love to hear them! Email us at email@example.com and we’ll looking at posting it on our blog.
26 August 2014
Category: Lumo Community