Vegetarian Rice Paper Rolls
Spring has sprung and bikini season is upon us, and well.....we all want those Instagram worthy beach bodies! Try these guilt free vegetarian rice paper rolls from the talented Jody Allen from Stay at Home Mum, they'll keep you satisfied and skinny!
- 50 grams Vermicelli Noodles
- 2 avocados
- 1 carrot
- 100 grams garlic chives
- 24 round rice paper wrappers
- 3 red radishes - grated
- 1 cup bean sprouts - trimmed
- 24 large mint leaves
- Place noodles in a bowl of hot water for 10 minutes or until softened; drain well.
- Thinly slice avocado. Cut the carrot into long thin strips and cut garlic chives into the same length as carrots.
- Cover a board with a damp tea towel. Place one sheet of rice paper in a bowl of warm water until softened; place on tea towel.
- Place a slice of avocado, some of the carrot, radish, sprouts, a mint leaf, some garlic chives and noodles in the center of the sheet.
- Fold bottom half of the rice paper up.
- Fold in one side; roll over to enclose filing.
- Repeat with remaining rice paper sheets and ingredients.Place rolls on oven tray lined with cling wrap; cover with damp absorbent paper and refrigerate until reading to serve.
- Enjoy your vegetarian rice paper rolls
- The rolls can be made up to four hours ahead.
- Keep fresh by covering with damp absorbent paper.
- You can add, chicken, ham, meat or seafood if you like
- Best served with sweet chilli sauce
If you have a recipe you would like to share, we would love to hear them! Email us at email@example.com and we’ll looking at posting it on our blog.
11 September 2014
Category: Lumo Community