Pear and Blue Cheese Salad
Making a yummy but healthy salad can be a challenge, but this Pear and Blue Cheese salad tastes great, fills you up and still ticks a few healthy boxes. This is another great recipe from Stay at Home Mum, you can view more of their great recipes here
- 4 small Pears
- 125 grams Blue Cheese
- 200 grams Rocket
- 100 grams Walnut
Lemon Twist Dressing
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Salt And Pepper
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small jar. Shake until well combined.
- Place rocket as a 'bed' in the salad bowl.
- Thinly slice pears, removing core and seeds first (they don't taste great, not that we tried). Place on top of rocket.
- Roughly chop walnuts and sprinkle over salad.
- Shake dressing and drizzle over salad. Toss and serve!
Recipe hints and tips
- Pear and Blue Cheese Salad is not suitable to store or freeze and best served within an hour.
- Blue cheese can be swapped for shaved parmesan.
If you have a recipe you would like to share, we would love to hear them! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll looking at posting it on our blog.
17 October 2014
Category: Lumo Community