Packing fragile items during your move
Packing your items into boxes can be a very difficult task, especially when you have to worry about not breaking items as you continue to pile more into boxes.
Here at Lumo Energy we want to make the transition from your old house to your new home as smooth as possible, so we have provided some helpful tips to make packing fragile items as easy as possible.
- Make sure you have the right packing materials
- Bubble Wrap
- Packing material - to fill in the gaps between fragile items
- Make sure you wrap each item individually, if possible, fill the glasses with paper as well to ensure nothing cracks
- Start with the heavy stuff and put the more fragile items at the top.
- Make sure to fill the box one layer at a time, and to use packaging material to fill the gaps.
- If you have lots of heavy items, distribute them between different boxes so the load isn't as heavy.
- Avoid pilling different sized plates on top of each other, try to keep the same sizes together.
- Make sure to label boxes as 'FRAGILE'. You want movers to take as much car as possible when handling the boxes.
We hope these tips have been helpful, we also have some great tips on moving with kids and moving with pets. For more information about switching to Lumo Energy when you move, visit our moving home page.
1 October 2014
Category: Moving Home