Perfect for Halloween or a spooky kid’s party. These are soooo cute and sooooo easy to make! Spider Cupcakes will have the kids creeping, crawling and begging for more! Here is what you need to create these crafty creepy crawlies.
- 125 grams butter
- 250 grams self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 185 grams caster sugar
- 5 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 5 cups icing sugar
- 50 grams licorice
- 50 grams Smarties
- 50 grams marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Add sifted flour and salt, alternatively with the milk.
- Add vanilla essence and colouring if desired.
- Cook in dark coloured patty cases for 10 - 12 minutes then reduce temp to 200 degrees for cooking time.
- Let them cool totally before icing.
- Mix together the cocoa, icing sugar and milk.
- Ice all the cupcakes.
- Dip the cupcakes into the chocolate sprinkles to coat.
- Use the liquorice as legs, the marshmallows as eyes and the smarties as pupils and a nose.
Recipe hints and tips
- Spider Cupcakes are suitable to freeze un-iced for up to two months
If you have a recipe you would like to share, we would love to hear them! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
24 October 2014
Category: Lumo Community