blog lumo logo
Subscribe RSS
westernbulldogs lumo westcare

Bringing joy to young people in need!

The Western Bulldogs, in partnership with The Salvation Army and Lumo Energy, provided a group of young people from The Salvation Army’s Westcare the opportunity to be part of the Guard of Honour at the Western Bulldogs vs Melbourne game on Sunday 18 June.
Small Medium Business Social

How to get your SMB on social media & grow your business

While the number of Australian SMBs with a social media presence has grown to 48% in the past year, the remaining 52% are missing out on one of the most effective and economical ways to increase their brand awareness and customer base. Here we highlight just a few of the things SMBs can do to create a social media presence and grow their business.

Budgeting Tips For A Share House

Manage the budget in your share house with these handy tips. Get everyone on the same page and save money on everything from groceries to household bills.

Top 5 Festivals in Australia for March 2017

Looking for the best Australian festivals for March 2017? Here’s the top 5 from around the country that will guarantee the best food, fun, and music.

Snowy Hydro invests in 100MW solar energy farm in South Australia

Snowy Hydro Ltd — Lumo’s parent company — has just announced its investment in a large-scale solar energy farm in South Australia, representing a huge commitment to boosting its generation capacity and to Lumo’s growth as an electricity retailer. Read on to find out more about Snowy Hydro’s exciting expansion into renewable solar energy.

5 tips to get your garden winter ready

As summer veggies begin to tail off and autumn sets in, now is the time to start planning your winter veggie crops for an abundance of crops right through to early spring. So whether you’re growing in pots and containers, or turning over raised beds, here are our top 5 tips to get your garden ready for the colder months.
Energy meter

A simple guide to understanding your electricity & gas meters

Meters – we’ve all got at least one of them to record our electricity and gas usage, but how many of us actually know how to read them? Understanding them not only gives you a better idea of your daily (and seasonal) usage, but it can assist with conserving energy and saving money. Of course, we’ve all got better things to do with our time, so here’s a simple guide to understanding those curious boxes attached to your home.
shopping cart meals

Short on time & money? Here’s how to eat well on a budget

For many of us, when money’s tight, the first things to go are healthy meals, particularly when we’re time poor as well. Making sure meal times are not only regular but healthy is one of the most important factors in maintaining a balance in your life.

5 farmers’ markets that you really should take the time to visit

These days, there’s barely a town or suburb without a farmers’ market in easy reach, giving most of us year ‘round access to fresh, seasonal produce straight from the farm. But if you’re yet to discover the delights of the farmers’ market, you really should put at least one on your list of things to do. And to inspire you, we’ve featured 5 of the best farmers’ markets around.

Get the kids back to school without losing your cool

For many parents the weeks before the kids go back to school are pretty hectic and financially stressful, which means the final days of the school holidays aren’t all that much fun. But it doesn’t have to be this way. Read on for some handy hints for saving money and your sanity, to ease you and the kids back into the school year.