1-2 weeks before moving home
- Continue packing and clean as you go, make sure you have enough tape, boxes, bubble wrap etc. To avoid the moving day blues, read our advice on how to pack and move fragile items.
- Call and confirm all details with the moving and or storage company.
- Arrange time off work if needed for your moving day and the days following.
- Use up perishable food, why not have a big dinner with friends and family as a going away party?
- Start disassembling non-essential furniture.
1-4 days before moving home
- Make a schedule or action plan for the move; include the kids if they want to help. See our Moving with Kids article for more handy tips.
- Confirm pet sitters for the day if necessary. See our Moving with Pets article for more detailed advice.
- Defrost the fridge and freezer.
- Make sure essential tools are handy (screwdrivers, hammers, tape etc).
- Pack a bag for water bottles, pen/paper, snacks, documents for the moving day. Don’t forget to have your phone charger handy.
- Make sure you have cleaning products handy for any last minute touch ups.
- Pack any last minute items and close all boxes ready for move day.
Visit Lumo's Moving House page to learn more about our moving home discounts and how we can make sure your gas and electricity are on when you move in.
28 October 2014
Category: Moving Home